Through the Lens - Digital Photography 101

I have recently joined the group "Through the Lens - Digital Photography 101" led by Hallie at http://www.fromtherubberroom.com/ to learn how to take better photos with my DSLR. I am so excited! My goal is to get out of auto mode and into manual mode experimenting with the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. We will have assignments to complete and I will be posting them on this blog. I would love to hear everyone's comments.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Assignment 1– Getting to Know Your Camera

For my first assignment I am to read my camera's manual. I have completed that task... not sure if it all sank in. There is a website I like to visit every once in a while http://dryreading.com/camera/index.html. It is a neat website. It shows how to use the manual mode of your DSLR. Check it out!

After reading our manual, we are to take the best picture of anything we want. I love to take pictures of my kids. We went to the barn to see our horse so I took advantage of taking some photos behind an old red barn. I wish the red was more vibrant!


Last night I went outside to practice taking some snapshots of flowers. I love the bright colors!













1 comment:

smarmoofus said...

I would love to see that last shot taken again with more light. I love the...uhm... is "innocence" the right word? Just the softness of the lone puff of tiny flowers. You have a great eye for composition.

-smarmoofus